The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says transmission of COVID-19 occurs much more commonly through respiratory droplets than through physical objects. Your best precaution is to wash your hands and avoid close contact with people who are sick. In addition, they also state that current evidence suggests novel COVID-19 may remain active for hours or days on all surfaces. Cleaning and disinfecting high-touch surfaces regularly is the best practice to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other illnesses.
What Do You Need to Disinfect Your Device?
1. Make sure to use bleach-free disinfecting wipes (Clorox or Lysol brand Disinfecting Wipes in the Yellow container). You can also use a solution made of 40% rubbing alcohol and 60% distilled water mixed in a spray bottle.
2. Microfiber cloths or linen free soft cleaning cloths.
3. Lastly, a can of compressed air, this is optional but a good option to remove dirt or dust from ports and other hard to reach areas.
Precautions to Be Aware Of
1. Never use harsh cleaning supplies such as undiluted bleach directly on electronics. They can damage screens and other components of a device.
2. Never spray any cleaning solution directly onto any electronic device. You should always apply the cleaning or disinfecting solution on a microfiber cloth and then apply it.
3. Lastly, if you are using a bleach-free disinfecting wipe or cloth with a solution on it, be sure to wring it out before wiping down a device. We want to disinfect the electronic device not damage it.
How Brickley Environmental Can Help
If you suspect that your home, business, or community center may be contaminated with COVID-19, contact the professionals at Brickley Environmental. We have the knowledge and experience to identify and remove viruses that may be present. Over the years, we have worked with home and business owners just like you to ensure that their properties are safe from contamination.
For more information on COVID-19, please visit the CDC’s site.