Paint Over the Danger of Lead

Home » Paint Over the Danger of Lead » Asbestos » Paint Over the Danger of Lead
painting lead
Paint Over the Danger of Lead

Lead was present in paint prior to 1978. It provided strength and durability, but it also created a serious health risk to those living inside the home, particularly children. Lead has not been included in paint for over four decades. There are still thousands of homes that have lead paint inside. 

The lead paint may be under layers of newer paint that keep the exposure to a minimum. Renovation projects may uncover the paint and cause the lead to enter the atmosphere. Studies have shown that upwards of 30% of lead poisoning cases in children were caused when the old lead paint was exposed due to renovation. This means that testing for lead becomes paramount before any work is done on the property. 

Not Testing for the Presence of Lead

Many government officials including health, building, and fire safety inspectors have little to no training when it comes to lead poisoning despite the health risks. This is partly due to the slow, long-term effects of lead that often go unnoticed for months, if not years. Children who are most vulnerable may not show signs of lead poisoning until considerable damage has been done to their brain and nervous systems. 

The lack of action may be due in large part to not wanting to believe that lead is present. The presence of lead may go undetected for many years. Testing is relatively inexpensive, but the removal of the lead may cost a considerable amount. 

Test for Lead Paint

If your home, office, or facility was built before 1978, there is a good possibility that it has lead paint present. You should test for the presence of lead paint. Even if you are not planning a renovation, you may want to test for the presence of lead just in case. 

If you believe that lead may be present in your home, do not attempt to remove it by yourself. Instead, call the experts who have years of experience in identifying and removing lead from properties just like yours. Brickley Environmental is here to help. 

Why Call Brickley Environmental? 

Brickley Environmental will test for the presence of lead and initiate removal procedures to ensure that it is gone from your home or building. Do not wait, call Brickley Environmental today and let their experts inspect and remove the lead from your property. 

Please call your doctor or visit the CDC’s website for more information if you believe you may have been exposed to lead or have lead poisoning.

For more information on how Brickley Environmental can help, check out our Services page!

Leave a Comment